November 9, 2013

Meet Our Member ~ Lifetime Memories

Name: Janine Goehler Business Name: Lifetime Memories Weddings, Events and Officiating

Website: www.lifetimememorieswa.com www.lifetimememorieswed.com

Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/lifetimememoriesweddingsandevents

What’s your favorite part of the job? My favorite part of my job is standing at the back of the aisle and watching my Bride take that special walk. Months of work has finally come together and knowing her life is about to change forever. And then watching the Bride & Groom as they come back up the aisle as a married couple.

How did you get to where you are today? I got to where I am today by taking a lot of training, hard work, determination and learning from my mistakes.

What inspired you to start your business? I am a very organized person and I love weddings. Both of these elements are essential if you want to be in any facet of the wedding business. I have always been asked to coordinate parties but when I organized my daughter’s wedding (and we didn’t kill each other) and then a wedding for an international friend, I was hooked. I just loved it so much and missed all of it once the weddings were over. I then had that “light bulb moment” and I realized that I should join the wedding business.

How is your business different from your competitors? My business is different from my competitors in several ways. First of all, I list my fees on my website and they are lower than most. It’s not that I don’t think my experience is worth more money, I know how expensive weddings can be and I try to be sensitive to the budgets. When I started my business I did a non-scientific survey of 20-something gals and they all told me that if a price wasn’t listed they assumed it cost too much or they would be “sized up”, i.e., kind of car, dress, purse, size of diamond, etc., at a meeting and then a price determined by how much a coordinator thought they could afford.

Secondly, I do not limit the amount of contact a client can have with me. Some clients need more contact with me than others and I want to be there to support them all the way.

Third, I always bring an assistant to each wedding at no extra charge to my clients.

What is your range of services? I am a Professional Bridal Consultant and an Ordained Officiant.  As a consultant I can simply give advice, be a day-of coordinator, help you find a venue and vendors or assist with every aspect of your wedding. I prefer not to be the Officant and the Consultant at the same wedding so that I can concentrate solely on one aspect but I would certainly perform the ceremony, if called upon. Otherwise, I am always available as an Officiant for most types of ceremonies.

No comments:

Post a Comment